Going slightly stir crazy. Finished the utterly brilliant Kafka on the Shore then felt bereft. Something was pushed through my door and found it was a neighbour's note about a Murakami-style missing cat.

Dozed, despite titanic thumps and a pneumatic drill noise coming from a few houses down. Fielded questions from people at work about when they could expect to see me again. Drank mineral water, ached and sweated. Took a shower, shaved scrubby beard into different buffoonish shapes and banged head on wall and wondered if this is what my dotage will be like.

My iPod spontaneously fixed itself, however, all I needed to do was swear at it. Phoned up the gas company with the actual gas meter reading and it turns out the swine owe me money, which is excellent.

Tomorrow, thankfully, is another day.

Comments