A heavy deluge woke me a little before 5am. Went downstairs for a glass of water and stood outside in my yard enjoying the warm rain falling on my skin for a few moments before sloping back to bed.

A better day, and less frustrating at work. And after reaching over 90F in London yesterday it was more tolerable today. London swelters in the heat. The city and its citizens are not really equipped for it. And people wear bizarre things too. Saw a bloke on the tube sporting a classic socks and sandals combo with a cowboy hat.

Clearing out my work desk in and idle moment I discovered some old photos of a leaving do from about three years ago. In several shots was Aimee who used to contribute to AnotherSun. I wondering aloud to The Gnome about her, then went off for a swim. On my return there was a long note from her in my inbasket. The first in at least a year. Spooky!

After swimming, one of my small black toenails fell off. Underneath there was a nice little new one. Be handy if other body parts were also able to spontaneously replace themselves.

After work I met Caroline at Victoria. She is one of Anton's three excellent cousins, who I'd not seen since Anton's wedding. Caroline is getting married in August to a man called James who she'd met at university. Having decided to give a bride's speech, she wanted some advice on what to say. So we drew some mindmaps, and drank several cold beers, as demanded by the heat, and talked for about three hours.

Home snoozing on the Brighton train, then a spot of football and a soupcon or two of Chinese takeaway before crashing out.

Comments