The Buddhist retreat is still having a big influence on me, but time to sit and think is at a premium. Enjoying the morning train journey however, reading Rinpoche's book and asking myself what I can do with the rest of my life that adds to the sum of goodness in the world. When you're on your deathbed what will seem worth anything? It is all about those you have loved, and those who have loved you.

Also had a good idea for a longer prose project on the train.

Anyway. Got to work and straight into a three hour meeting with a cancer charity. Then, for work reasons too complicated to go into, ended up with The Gnome photographing me strangling my friend and colleague Liz. Photos below.

Also had a phone conversation with Louise who told me, much to my amazement, that she was pregnant. Good for her, having lost an ovary last year to a tumour.

Felt a bit wussy today & worked a bit late. Need a blameless and early night.

Comments