Fun day today. Off to work with Anton who called around unreasonably early again. On the train he was talking enthusiastically about an outdoor bap & bun making course he is planning to attend on Saturday.

Work was quiet again, allowing me a long swim at lunchtime. Things livened up in the evening however, as it was Jake and Debs leaving do. First Matie came along for the party too in time to see the leaving card, a giant paper dart, being thrown down into the atrium from the second, and then fourth, floors. Much milling about in the work bar, and then we went off to the Riverside Studios where I sat in the alcovey bit having a series of quite in depth chats with people. Touched and surprised by a heart to heart with Jake who was very nice about the encouragement I have given him.

A play called the Exonerated is on at the Studios which has a revolving cast. I couldn't help noticing that Tim Piggot Smith and the actress who plays Little Mo from Eastenders were on the next table. I only had eyes, however, for Peri Gilpin who played Roz in Frazier.

Now then. I am not prone to crushes on actresses, but I have always had a bit of a thing about Peri Gilpin, and couldn't abide the idea that I would not at least say hello to her. So egged on by that bad First Matie, and overcoming my natural reticence with the ladies, I took the opportunity to explain to her that I thought she was a goddess.

Fortunately she didn't seem to mind this. In fact she turned out to be an extremely pleasant person and we ended up having a very natural and nice chat for ten minutes. She told me about having met her husband on the show, and being born in Waco, and I told her about having been in the US a lot recently, and I asked her she thought of the UK (turns out she was at stage school here for a bit) and a little bit about politics and so on. A genuinely lovely and intelligent person. I didn't stay with her overlong as this kind of thing must happen to her all the time but she didn't make me feel unwelcome for a second.

Home on the slow train. Dratted iPod has died inexplicably. Bah.

Comments