Reading more from Rinpoche's book about the Buddhist approach to death on the London train. Lots of work to be done at the agency today. Including being briefly filmed discussing what I though were my best ideas. Some general tetchiness abounding. The blog I am writing for my agency went live. Interesting to see how it goes.

Managed to go for a swim which I loved. Some of the pool portioned off again for aqua aerobic ladies. But I don't mind. Normally I swim for half an hour, and was at one time prone to boredom as I did so. But lately I no longer feel bored and just want to go on and on. My mind goes very still and blank. Perhaps I should write a self help book called The Way of the Walrus.

Had a realisation just before I fell asleep last night. I heard some rustling about in the twitten and thought that someone was stealing my lilies from my front garden. This made me realise that I was getting attached to owning them rather than simply enjoying them. Sounds a bit trivial, but worrying about how people might steal them has started to be the dominant thought when I look at them, rather than enjoying their beauty for what it is. I have had a dozen wonderful long lasting blooms in my front garden, and only one has gone missing this year.

Christiane, another of Anton's splendid cousins, emailed me from Australia sending a picture of herself, and three of her cat. She is returning for Caroline's wedding and it will be her first time over here for years. Anton gave her the link for my blog so she could see pictures of Oskar and Klaudia.

Paddy, another old school friend of mine, confirmed he is coming down to stay with me in Brighton this weekend. I am very much looking forward to that too.

Didn't see Maddog tonight as his mother in law "had to get on top of her boiler". Failed also to see Matty boy, who I spoke to a couple of times.

England playing more unconvincing footy today: 2-2 against our bogey team, the Swedes.

Comments