Under the Nazgûl's wing

Working very early to finish another bit of Chad work off. Still in all work and no play mode. Luckily managed to get done by noon.

Was able to zoom into town to The Bath Arms to have a papal audience with Catherine Pope. A welcome cheery interlude and good to see her, in her Hogarthian Dr Martens. Had a restrained couple of drinks and some food and generally put the world to rights for a while. She is always full of things that make me laugh. Apparently Tanya calls her Spider Pope when she is in her gym going lycra, and she was dressed in this when her stalker (for she has an over-intense Student admirer) sprang out at her from behind some large bins as she was returning home from the gym. Apparently she screamed, not something one expects from a Spider Pope.

Heard from Richard that Holly his little border terrier had died. I know he and Jane will be sad about that. I really enjoyed going for walks with Richard in the morning when I stayed with them with Rufus and Holly surging about near the sea, and walking about in the lounge skilfully avoiding walking on the rug for reasons of their own.

Home with mysteriously exploding guts, thought I had food poisoning from the fish I ate at lunch, but  I rallied magnificently to eat a bit of pizza later. Last thing on Friday received 10 pages of carping from the client about the latest piece of work I have done with them. There is a meeting on Monday to discuss this with them. Feeling under the Nazgûl's wing about all this and it put me in a poor mood to the weekend.

A snap I took of Rufus and Holly six years ago.


Comments