Beginnings

Lorraine springing out of bed at six in the morning, and off to work fairly pronto. This is effectively the first day of her job, but the teachers and children don't arrive till tomorrow and she spent it sorting out her office. I sprang up too, slightly more gingerly due to the back gyp, and was at my desk early too.

Chad stuff today, though needing to work on gusto levels which were lowish. Cass arrived at 8 o'clock to decorate the front room, filling the larger craters in the plaster and so on to tuneless whistling and singing to the radio, which I found oddly comforting. A really hard working, friendly guy doing honest work as I skulked in the Kenny nerve centre.

At lunch a brisk walk down to Miss Mole's Flower Emporium (Lorraine's favourite shop) to buy her a present. It doesn't open till tomorrow. Later Lorraine and I decided to go at the weekend, where I shall buy her a larger present. When she got home and we cooked a curry with chicken and cauliflower and lots of onions, but were unable to repair to the gold sofa as this is in the room being redecorated. Instead up to our bedroom, where Betty joined us when she got home later too discuss what Lorraine should be wearing tomorrow, and select a photo of her that I'd just taken to put on the school website.  We opted for this one, which is quite friendly for a headteacher. Very unlike the Molesworth headteachers I was looking at later.



Comments