Stiffened resolve

Began the day at a hideous 4:30am as Lorraine's clock went off two hours prematurely. Staggered about until I looked at my watch and saw the truth. Slumped back into bed, blearily awaking at 6:30 and managing to fumigate one underarm with spray starch for ironing shirts, rather than deodorant. Lorraine shaking the bed laughing, and texted me later in the day to enquire about my stiff arm.

Off up to the smoke, and finished The Black Dahlia en route, a surprisingly optimistic ending. The carriage like a plague ship, full to the gunnels with grey-faced sneezers and coughers.

Work fine. A brief about eye diseases, and another about COPD. Chats with First Matie and The French bloke. Enjoyable enough day. Home, and Lorraine out playing festive skittles with Education colleagues. I cooked a mountain of pasta, and boofed onto the sofa, where I was difficult to dislodge. L and I having a rum and coke nightcap afore bed.

Comments