Aw shucks

The luxury of a slow start for Lorraine and I gradually getting ourselves sorted out in time to drive up to Chertsey Meades and meet Matty boy, First Matie, Tash and Steve, and meet Judith, Dion and Camilla for the first time. There was a conspiracy to surprise the FB for his 50th birthday. Matt had scored things the FB likes, such as dozens of oysters, champagne, roast beef and so on. I found myself a shucker of oysters after Matt showed me how. Something about shucking oysters that is simultaneously repulsive and enjoyable.

We lurked in wait and sprang out on him in a fairly mild mannered way. The FB has an unpredictable streak and I suspect that if he thought he had burglars he would have charged in with a chainsaw. People then fell on the bubbly and oysters with gusto. I'm not much of an oyster guzzler myself but it seemed rude not to have several, and Lorraine loves them. A lively night ensued of general feasting and merriment until I was advised by my friends that I was listing to Starboard and was zipped into my sleepingbag by Lorraine. She crept in later, but even she missed the 3AM nocturnal trampolining in the back garden.

They have had their house rebuilt and it is beatiful: modern and functional.

Below Michel (aka the French Bloke) and Max.

Comments