If the cap fits

Really enjoyable day. A leisurely start with Lorraine followed by intensive tidying up of our study area. It feels amazingly good to have it all sorted. Then a session in the afternoon of Christmas shopping. We accidentally found ourselves in Mad Hatters buying hats. Lorraine bought a lovely grey hat, which is slightly 1920s-ish to my eyes, but she looks fab in it. I tried various hats on, but nothing was grabbing my attention till I tried on a cap. I have always assumed caps wouldn't suit me but I found I was rocking a Irish wool cap, and so Lorraine and I walked out of the shop sporting hats. It was a clear and cold day, and it was good to have a warm head, especially the part of my head rendered vulnerable by The Area of Concern.

Thus clad, we did a good amount of Christmas shopping and at no point did I feel like stabbing anyone. Sensibly repaired to The Basketmakers at the end of the day, where it was really nice to sit and chat to my lovely Lorraine. Bumped into folk songstress Pemma while there too. Wayne and Matt arrived a little later who were both on fine form, and we were randomly joined by Linda who came to sit with us munching on a pea fritter. Lorraine returned home to have an evening with Rosie, and I hung out with the boys for a while who were making me laugh with their playful bickering. We migrated to the Nelson where Adam Bushell was having a party and playing a huge variety of bizarre instruments. Fingers was there, plus Ellie Blackshaw who played violin in our first performances of This Concert.

Eventully I tore myself away from this and returned home to chat with Rosie and Lorraine before bed. A top day.

Comments