An afternoon with Nev

Up to the smoke again this morning, but only for a half day, for this afternoon was given over to celebrating Nev's return to these blighted shores. Now an Australian, Nev seems not to changed much at all, and there was no hint of an Aussie twang. A collection of agency folks had gathered to celebrate his return in The Salisbury, including Paul and First Matie who came in the evening when we moved onto another pub in Soho. Brilliant to see Nev and having worked together as partners for three years or so, we picked up straight away when you work so closely with someone, you really get to know them. He loves his Australian life. He lives in Manly, which always makes me smile, and it is a place designed Nev, who likes sports and roaming about in the wide outdoors and the sun brandishing golf clubs and the like.

After some dedicated drinking I had to wuss out and go home, after fond farewells and beers and a rum and coke. Left Nev and lots of pals to it. A wonderful journey, where I simply got on the train, and woke up in Brighton. Home to Lorraine and Betty armed with a large pizza, which made me lose brownie points as Lorraine had cooked an incredibly nice pie for us. So I had pie and pizza as a side dish, not having eaten since breakfast. Lorraine had also just talked to Katie, who let her know I was on my way, and listing to starboard.

Comments