The Gods of Delay

Enraged first thing as I needed to send a single email from my computer before leaving for work. This two second operation turned into fifteen minutes for various computer reasons. Suddenly this began to stand for every delay and frustration I have had in the year and I wanted to self harm wildly and then pound my computer into dust.

Instead, after a short rave, I kissed Lorraine and went back up to London for what I had assumed would be my last day of work, but in fact isn't. Rather cheesed off at this as it gives me no time to do any of my Christmas preparations. Spent the day in a pink room trying to come up with concepts about dental caries and also eye problems. Several wild flights of fancy with Keith and much laughter, but no solution. Snuck out at lunch to score some sarnies and then back to work. Huge amounts to do in no time.

Home at 8:30, thankfully sober as a judge, and armed with fish and chips. Lorraine and Betty both out so before bed I tried for the sixth time to upload codes to PPL site for our CD tracks. PPL had emailed me to say that they'd fixed the problem, and all I would have to do is press send. Of course it didn't work. It has only taken two weeks of my time so far. Clearly, about a year ago, I must have angered the Gods of Delay and they have wreaked a soul sapping revenge this year, which has turned me into a detestable grouch. I wonder what I can sacrifice to them?

Comments