Skateboard terrain

The R4 Today programme talking about the drought we can expect next year due to low autumn rainfall. As usual this sort of talk cue for the skies to empty themselves of huge amounts of rain all day and night. I became a Landlord today, so phone calls this morning to utilities.

Once this landownder business done, off to collect the master CD of Pollard & Kenny's Clameur from Simon. Paused en route to buy a pie from Bangers Home Made Pies, a shop I happened on whose only business seemed to the manufacture of rather nice pies. I scored a small chicken and mushroom pie and was well pleased. A bit early for Simon, I tarried in the Levels park, taking snaps of the rainsoaked and strangely melancholy skateboard park, made more so by a small tree that had been turned into a shrine for a young woman.

Once the CD obtained from Simon I mooched back into the city centre talking to Matt about the CD. Then off to get my hair cut in the Laines by a bald barber who did a good job. Then off to Marwood's cafe to grab a coffee and compose myself before a visit to Modo in Brighton. Discussed CD production. They do impressive work there. I was given good advice from a nice guy called Ian.

Paused to buy an anthology of new poetry. Then home in the teeming rain via Sainsbury's arriving leaden and soaking. Lorriane home and we worked upstairs together before driving back into Brighton for shopping in the pouring rain. Most places closed though, apart from one where on entry we were offered a glass of Cava by a Californian woman. I accepted happily.

Matty boy came to stay tonight, very cheery after having had a pleasant night out in Brighton.

Tonight Lorraine cooked us Chicken, lemon and broccoli dish which was extraordinarily eatable.

Below a glimpse into Marwood's cafe, which is easily my favourite cafe in Brighton since Dipak has introduced me to it. Sad that I didn't know of it when Toby was over as he would revel in it. Some snaps of skateboard terrain in the rain.






Comments