Dark places

Felt like I had food poisoning, with unpleasantly exploding guts today.

I got up very early, however, and watched a documentary about James Ellroy called Feast of Death, which was a wonderful. He's a guy with a weird rather obnoxious public persona, Ellroy was discussing the murder of his mother when he was a boy, and how fed by his father be built up an unpleasant picture of what she was really like. This murder resonated with him on with The Black Dahlia case, a real unsolved murder which he turned into a novel. The documentary focused on this and My Dark Places, which is a memoir about seeking the facts in his mother's murder. Fascinating stuff. I bought The Black Dahlia, which I began to read right away. It is compelling and unpleasant.

My French clients finally coughed up what they owed me too, which is rather good. Apparently they are struggling.

Met Matt in the afternoon to discuss the CD production and performances. We are looking at a CD launch concert on Saturday February 11 in the centre of Brighton.

Comments