Reloading

Writing well today and have made some real progress. It takes a while to reload the content of 72,000 words into your brain but I am successfully back in Skelton Yawngrave land and getting things sorted out. Also thinking about the great Guernsey anthology, which is turning into a genre defining masterpiece in my brain.

Betsy contacted me for an emergency two days of work next week, which I have agreed to. I absolutely want to focus on my own work for the next month or so, but I do have my belief in ending well - and I'll get to hang out with Betsy and First Matie for a couple of days, which will be splendid. Mike is working next door too, so I will lasso him for a coffee too. All well.

Went for a quick half hour or so in the gym. I don't know if it is just this gym, but I hate the unsmiling narcissism of it all. Scrambling about on the cliffs does not feel like exercise at the time, though it does you loads of good and feeds the mind and spirit. When you are on a treadmill, or pulling weights all you are doing is exercising. I need to work on my mental approach.

Comments