Out on the leash with Mad Dog

Yippee. Felt elated this morning and wanting to get down to work. Far too cheerful to begin work on my pharma referencing, instead worked on PK stuff for a bit before going to the gym.

Bob turned up unexpectedly early at 4.00pm. Had a really nice evening with him, having a few beers and playing some pool, where he thrashed me as usual. For it is my destiny never to win games. I blame Toby, who on losing any kind of game when we were kids became so volcanically furious that losing became a happier option by far.

The old Mad Dog and I then mooched about having the odd beer here and there and settling down for a pizza followed by meeting Lorraine for an absolute bloody final beer in the Cricketers. Here I fell into conversation with a Liverpool fan who told me that Chelsea had just recorded a splendid victory 1-3 victory at Anfield in the European Championship. I was so convinced Chelsea were going to get thrashed that I'd tried to block the whole event from my mind. I talked interestedly to the man about Chelsea's victory until he grew tetchy, meanwhile Bob and Lorraine had been talking about educational psychology instead of football.

Home with Bob to drink much tea and talk into the night, while Lorraine wisely sped home in a taxi.

Comments