It's all white in the Twitten

Lorraine drove us off to the tropical fish shop, where I replaced my heater thermostat, and bought some new fish for Beth, and a little fish net cube to put a few fry that had mysteriously appeared in her tank.

Lorraine also finding herself humming the "plinky plonky" Well You Needn't by Theolonius Monk, which makes me laugh. We were also listening to Lorraine's new favourites the plink-free Fleet Foxes today who are a rather excellent and melodic group, who (according to Wikipedia) describe their music as "baroque harmonic pop jams".

Then back to the Twitten, via a hardware superstore to score white paint, where Lorraine and I joined several of my neighbours painting the Twitten's white bits white again. This part of our resident's committee initiative. It was good to look along the Twitten to see several of my neighbours at work freshening up the place. Made me feel part of a real community. Calliope having great fun too - cavorting about excitably and getting paint on her whiskers and paws in the course of her investigations.

Tried to call Anton today about football but to no avail. Chelsea will meet Everton who beat Manchester Utd in the FA Cup final.

Lorraine and I repaired to the Battle of Trafalgar where we had a late lunch, and had well earned pints of Harveys, before Lorraine went home.

Below tropical marine angler fish that caught Lorraine's eye today because of their splendidly miserable faces.


Comments