Progtastic

Up with the sparrows, thanks to Calliope, and soon down to work to finish more referencing work on eye diseases. This completed in a few hours (wondering if I'd rather stick needles in my own eyes than write about doctors sticking needles in people's eyes) I hurried off to the gym for a light workout, which I have to say I enjoyed. Back to put my thoughts together for the Guernsey anthology proposal in the afternoon. Finished the day by receiving feedback on the referencing, and I need to do some more. Gah! Pop.

Was very pleasantly surprised by the postman today (oo-er missus) bearing a surprise present from Carl. It was Rick Wakeman's book Grumpy Old Rock Star, which Carl had dedicated and everything. I called to thank him. He still hasn't had his gall bladder sorted out, which must be like sleeping with a snub nosed gun pressed into your side.

Thinking of the Liverpool-loving Jayne and Nev later too as Liverpool were playing Chelsea in a nerve jangling second leg of their European Cup tie - a 4-4 thriller, allowing Chelsea to go through on the aggregate score. Thankfully the forces of rightness prevailed. Before then there were panicked calls from Anton as Liverpool rampaged away with the first half. Chelsea were so poor I couldn't watch for 10 minutes, but there was no escape as Anton called me up with a running commentary. He takes an even dimmer view of Liverpool than he does Chelsea.

Spent the rest of the night quietly reading Wakeman's anecdotes, which as a die-hard Yes fan, is required reading. He lurked about in North West London as a young man, as Carl and I did, which adds another level of familiarity. Rick was the only member of the Yes pantheon that you could imagine having a belly laugh with.

Below the understated Rick Wakeman in his heyday.


Comments