Birthday curry

Lorraine's birthday today. Broke off from writing about skeletons to go shopping. Spent about two hours searching for a present in increasingly escalating panic until I found something. Bumped into Anna - Klaudia and Oskar's Godmother - in Sainsburys. She seems really nice, but I don't know her that well -- but being Godparents of the same children means we have a strong link. I guess we'll get to know one another better over the years.

Having a bit of a tumbleweed and crows day when it came to personal communications, only to discover that my mobile phone had an inactive SIM. Sudden deluge of missed calls and texts when I turned it off and on again. Bah to it.

To Lorraine's house this evening, armed with sparkling wine and flowers and some pressies. Lorraine cheery and getting lots of calls from people. Ate a Beth-baked flapjack, before we all headed off to get a takeaway curry and a quick drink in a pub together. Sam on very talkative form tonight, and looking dapper in a mod-like way. Mark and Beth having soft drinks. Underage drinking is much harder these days. Not like when I was a lad. I remember frowning at barment to try to create forehead lines in order to make myself look older. I always got served anyway.

Then all back to eat and drink bubbly. Later Mark showed me a story he had written and I wasn't too amazed to discover that he has the makings of an excellent writer. He is a seventeen year old with many talents: singing, acting, dancing and now writing.

Comments