Message in a bottle

Have been contemplating sending a card Reneé Monamy. She is a French poet whose limited edition book Guernsey, mon île... I found in Guernsey Library. The back had an invitation to contact her. The book was published in a limited edition of 100 many years ago, but she is still alive (having googled her) and I am thinking of sending her a reply - although she probably doesn't live at that address any more. I just have to answer a message in a bottle.

Otherwise a brilliant day on my skeleton novel. Suddenly the opening third has really slotted into place, after I rearranged it chronologically. I am delighted.

Feeling cheery, off in the evening to a pub quiz with Lorraine and Dawn. I surprised myself by remembering Pangalactic Gargleblaster, the name of the drink in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Also found myself having a good laugh combining a few pints of Harveys with some brain teasers - and talking to a couple who are friends of Dawn and live in Vancouver. Walked home feeling that life was full of promise.

Comments