Text from the FB this morning: still at home progressing slowly but steadily. Max still full of pep apparently.

Out of the blue, the possibility of me being flown to the US for a work thing. Trying not to get too excited as yet because there is many a slip twixt cup and lip -- but it could mean a business trip to the US just before xmas.

A rather subdued Creative Department this morning, after yesterday's excesses. The Gnome and me quietly going about our work. Quite happy that I'd left at a reasonable early the night before, otherwise I would have felt as shabby as some of the more enthusiastic creatives appeared to be.

Stole away from work slightly early to go for another swim. Felt very tired beforehand but it perked me up somewhat.

From there walked off to the Thatched House for a feed and drink with Matty boy, Katie, Paul, and Bryony who I'd not seen for ages. Young Bryony is now doing very well working in film production, having once been Kate's art director. The agency forced me to sack Bryony, which was nothing to do with her ability. It was really traumatic, but we went to the pub afterwards and she gave me a hug and it was all mended. I am very happy to say that her career has been extremely successful ever since.

Great to see Katie and Matty boy too. Both looking well and perky in their various ways. Saw pictures of Kate's niece, who sort of looks like her I think. Paul brandishing pictures of his son Andy. Much discussion and thought about the FB and Max.

Paul was also pleased having got a new job too, but became increasingly voluble and emphatic as the evening progressed. All too quickly, after eating piles of food, and a late guest appearance from Taranjit, it was time to head for home. I took this photo of Bryony and Kate on the street after.

Just missed my train home so had to get a late slow one. Home and messaging my MJ till very late.


Comments