Monday. Reading an admirably clear chunk of The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir on the train this morning in my modern continental philosophy reader.At work and nothing going on for me and the Gnome but tumbleweed and crows. However had my earphones plugged into my computer listening to the wonderful Pandora, which allows you to create your perfect radio music station. It’s fab.

Ally B wrote to me again today. Her excellent blog is called wordhead, which is about life in Dubai and other musings, and is well worth a visit. Another swim today. Felt virtuous if a little bit bored, but I am nauseatingly fat again. When I got home tonight I went out for a walk for getting on for two hours, as I was feeling restless.

Nice being down by the sea, saw some very distant lightning towards France.

The Gnome called me up when I was down there to say he won’t be in as there has been some more difficult news about his son. It just goes on and on.

Mary Jane sent me this picture today which she’d loved when she visited the Metropolitan Art Museum yesterday. Turns out this was one of the three or four I’d identified in March as blowing me away. It’s called the Weeders by Breton. MJ said she thought it was very mystical, and I agree. She also told me that Weezer has a new dog, rescued from New Orleans, called Neptune.

The Weeders.

Comments