Strange night in which I slept lightly, a gale causing lots of unfamiliar noises. Fumbling with my mobile phone which I use as an alarm clock, I managed to accidentally call Anton twice at 7.

Today, was a day of birthdays... Anna, the French Bloke and Reuben. And Ken's birthday party tomorrow. Spoke to the FB who was in a pub in Soho with Max. Emailed Reuben. And saw Anna this evening.

These clusters seem statistically unlikely. Like my September cluster of Anton and Maddog on the 2nd, and Simon and MJ on the 4th.

Reading the work of Karl Jaspers (1883-1969) on the train. Never read any of his philosophy before, but it seemed quite slight (on this skim through) compared to the mighty Heidegger. The excerpt I read this morning was reminding existentialism of the validity of science, which I am sure is very important philosophically etc. but not terribly interesting to me.

Rushed into work in time for a meeting which did not occur. Did work hastily this morning and then again after a couple of hours had very little to do. Went for lunch in the Dove with The Gnome and Mike Ferg, but wasn't really in the mood for it. In the afternoon ended up going for the third swim of the week.

Was told a good joke today... What is the stupidest marine mammal? An imbiseal. Not a joke that works in American, according to MJ.

Home and straight up the road to babysit Baby Klauds. Windy and rainy again. Anton and Anna were out to dinner for Anna's birthday. Luckily, and yet again, Klauds peeped not and I quite enjoyed being a couch potato. Home, and I talked to my delightful MJ for a while, and am now magnetised by the thought of sleep.

Comments