Awake at 5:30 and MJ , pre-coffee, drove me to JFK airport for seven. She took a lot of the stress out of things by getting me there and keeping me calm before the flight. Horrible to say goodbye. I hate saying goodbye to her.

Flight not too foul. Ended up with a window seat towards the tail, having been moved to accommodate a family. Sat next to two utterly taciturn women. They might as well have been ghosts. Some turbulence but managed to doze for a while. Nothing to watch onboard that I'd not already seen.

We were flying east and I was interested to see the thicken indigo smudge on the horizon, which was darkness coming to meet the plane.

London looked lovely and we spent almost half an hour circling it to get a good view. Running late I got a cab and managed to get home to Mum and Mason's house by 11 pm and so was able to glug a couple of glasses of wine, and eat banana cake with them to celebrate Mum's birthday.

Comments