Needed a slow quiet day. And had it. Popped out briefly to buy a cheap microphone for my computer, and passed 20 Santas walking down Queen Street, with some URL or other on their backs. Gallingly I didn't have a camera with me, as it would have made an excellent photo.

Found that I could drop the microphone into Bianca, my white steel stringed semi acoustic guitar, and after downloading some music editing software I happily played with set up, recording bits and pieces for several hours. Found that the software could reverse the sound and this sometimes was really interesting in an old-school Beatles-ish way. Boys toys.

Spoke to MJ and Weezer. Much talk about Neptune which MJ saw for the first time with her extraordinary and powerful eyes. Arf. No Netpune is Weezer's rescue dog from New Orleans. And it is apparently incredibly intelligent so it is probably worrying about something like global warming as it slavers over its pigs ear in the morning.

Anna and Anton wanted to go out for a meal to celebrate Anton's success so I went around to babysit Klauds. Anton floating the idea of calling me Special Needs. Anna explained that unlike her or Anton I don't have a postgraduate qualification.

Watched boxing on the TV while they were out and as the bout finished there was a peeping from Klauds. She was sitting bolt upright in bed crying and looked distinctly short changed to see me but suffered to be cuddled and sung to till her parents returned. It's a nice feeling when she puts her arm around you as well.

Took advantage of the recent change in licensing laws to have a quick Polish beer down in the Tin Drum with Anton before heading home.

Comments