Sluggish start to the day, almost impossible to drag myself from bed. The train left Brighton in low winter sunlight and headed towards a big bank of dark cloud that made me wonder for a moment if the noxious fumes over Southern England had drifted this far south. A team at work produced a concept using the cloud for one of our clients. With any luck, and if the client buys it, it will be quite a hard hitting press advert in the next day or so.

My working day was conducted in a daze, and thinking about the third world aids crisis, poverty, war etc for the Baltimore visit. This did not prevent me from breaking off in my pampered office to moan weakly but persitently. The Gnome, however, helped me prioritise and I grew more bearable as the day wore on.

Arranged to renew my passport urgently on Thursday. E-moaned to Kate and MJ.

Home, yet another Chinese takeaway. No more for a while. And then popped up the hill to pick up a passport application form from the useful and somewhat recovered Anton, he also lent me The shadow of the wind to read. Then spoke to Toby, who was coincidentally awaiting the appearance of Romy and a large Chinese meal.

Comments