Ah. 11:00pm and a glass of wine.

Heroically late to work. Having missed the morning train I went into a passport photobooth. Pumped coins into the swine but 20p pieces arbitrarily didn't count as money and were simply swallowed. Now have four identical tooth-grinding Peter Kenny faces. One of which will grace my passport for ten years. Funny how that happens. My last passport always made me look like a Bulgarian dissident.

Slunk into work to discover that, overnight, the most excellent Gnome had conceived an idea for the Baltimore job. Perhaps at last he is adapting to life on the surface. This took some of the pressure off me as now we have three good ideas. Spent the rest of the day slogging against the clock on scripts and treatments. Breaking off only to e-moan with Kate, and e-mail my MJ.

Random tetchiness in the office today, and this afternoon Mandy flew into a poisonous rage with me about upsetting her forward planning as I forgot to tell her I wouldn't be working on the 28th. She has been having a wretched time lately and I found her crying in the office one night at 7:00pm recently and gave her a hug. And now she hates me. So it goes.

Stayed late at work to have a teleconference with some of the people I will meet on Monday who are based in California. Seems I will meet up with my American agency confreres in a coffee shop in Baltimore to get our ducks in a row. The presentation seems to be to dozens of people, but we should be done and dusted by 3:00pm. This means I could be hopping on the train from Baltimore to NYC fairly rapidly. This is plan A. There are ghastly moves afoot, however, to get me to look at video and stuff over there, which I am passively resisting.

And so to thoughts of bed, and of not being late tomorrow on pain of a death. Tomorrow sees more slogging punctuated by slipping out to get my passport sorted. Then a lengthy teleconference with Americans while the rest of the agency will be starting a huge party.

Comments