Ambushed by a random gloom today. Used this inertia to do laundry etc. Fortunately gloom was dissipated this evening by Ken's 75 birthday party.

I enjoyed Ken's party. With Ken obviously enjoying having lots of family and friends around him. After a lovely spread of grub, and quite a bit of wine it came to the time to sing Ken Happy birthday. Quite a bit of wine being drunk, and his son had made an excellent cake which was decorated with French Sparklers (which sounded to me like something you'd find in an Anne Summers catalogue).

We sang happy birthday to Ken with the sparklers setting off the fire alarm. Enjoyed chatting to Janet and Ken and their guests. I tuned into a few bizarre conversations going on round and about including Simon, Ken's son in law, breaking a long and rather wine-soaked silence to announce that next year "my age will be the reverse of my wife". His wife is Ken's daughter Rachel. Turns out that next year he will be 73, and his wife will be 37.

Comments