Nice day today. Had the morning off supposedly for Xmas shopping. Used this time to sack my plumber. The worst thing about sacking the plumber is that you can only do it once. I wanted to sack him over and over for about half an hour. Anyway now I need another plumber to sort out my wretched plumbing. However at least this is better than being strung along, lied to, and being forced to listen to pipe dreams.

MJ's spy Anton has failed again as I went to Nicki in Chiswick who cut my hairs in the approved manner. And talking of Anton... he called me today to say he had just received notification that he had passed his MA. He was understandably pleased about this and it is a good reward for the literally hours of work he put into it.

Back in the office this afternoon, and had to step in to be pitched to by two lots of graduate employees -- bright young things, and then give them feedback. Amazingly professional and they took the exercise incredibly seriously. All quite diverting, and the winning team was each given a bottle of champers and the losers kissed them and looked brave.

After this diversion had to get on with the rash of pesky work I've been getting lately and was thus late to leave.

Spoke to Mum and Mase. Mum's back is still painfully playing up, which is far from good.

Best news, and a sort of Christmas miracle, is that my tickets to present a to a brand new client in the US have been approved. This means I get a free trip to the States and so will be able to see MJ for Christmas. Me and MJ are very cheery about it. The Gods must be grinning down on us. I will be going to Baltimore in Maryland for the business part. I certainly will have seen a lot of the US this year.

And hurrah! The opportunity to go on more flights! Sweet Lord.

Two excellent jokes:

1) A man goes to a zoo, but is disappointed with the fact that all the cages are empty, except for one small cage in the corner. Walking over to it he discovers a small dog: it was a shitzu.

2) How do you kill a circus? Go for the juggler.

Comments