Getting some practical stuff sorted today -- then more shopping.

Spoke to Toby this morning, who is getting ready to shoot down to the sunshine of Cuba on Saturday. Sounds like it's exactly what's needed for him and Romy.

Since I have been on the plane I have become strangely charged. I have received half a dozen strong electric shocks a day. Returned to Toys R Us. Found myself in a queue containing children and yelping bastard! as I received yet another painful zap from a gameboy. Somewhat embarrassing, especially for MJ who is forced to accompany a delegate from the British Tourettes Association.

Also hunting Tamagotchi for Kate. MJ managed to bag one, despite being told there were none to be had. No idea what they are, but I know one thing: they are elusive.

Collected bairns from school and we made off to Commack Multiplex to see King Kong. We all enjoyed it. I'd never seen anything like the wonderful brontosaurus stampede scene before & the best giant ape versus T. Rex punchup ever. The love that could never happen element was good too, as was the otherworldliness of the landscapes, and the recreation of 1930s New York.

Kids fractious and fighty after the film, were then dropped off at their father's place. MJ and me then enjoyed a sedate Japanese meal before heading home.

Comments