An interlude

Ear properly raging this morning, so I talked to my GP practice and was able to get an appointment. I walked down to Oxford Street, where my surgery now is, and blessing Mum for providing me with some rubber gloves, buzzed for entrance and was allowed in. I found it was all a bit like being on stage, a facemask was pushed towards me and putting it on, I walked past the one patient on a chair and went upstairs to a waiting room with three or four chairs all in different parts of the room, with nobody sitting in them. Saw a Dr Cotton, who I liked lots and masked up as she was, looked into my ear and was gratifyingly taken aback by it, saying it looked very sore and painful, and prescribed antibiotic eardrops and then spray steroids for once it settles down. I asked her how she was bearing up, and she said that they were doing okay, and that people were beginning to come back to the surgery now after being too afraid to. We had tried to have a remote session, but the video link would not work on my phone, although I could see her, she could not see me. But it was better for her to be able to see for herself.

Off then to the pharmacy, still sporting my facemask or PPE as we are learning to call it, and then home stopping off at the corner shop. It was quite bright, and having my shades on and facemask made me feel a bit like The Invisible Man. Although the effect was a bit lost as my sunglasses kept steaming up.

Lorraine home, and stressed by the Government and local authority and trying to work out what to do about the school reopening for June 1st. I think it is a reckless policy personally, and I got very exercised by a hateful Daily Mail front page blaming teaching unions for causing trouble -- i.e. pointing to the fact that keeping children of 4 and 5 apart socially distanced in a classroom is utterly impossible.

Home again, and doing a few bits and pieces. Painful ear business making me feel a bit wan and flaky.  Nevertheless I joined a quick zoom call with my glass-mates, including Adele, Sally, Rick who lives around the corner, and Ben.

A glass of beer in the Taverna, and Beth sent out for some Mexican food. A nice change, although I wouldn't fancy it every week.

Below... Myself with lockdown hair and a facemask. Beth said I looked terrifying when I came home. Below a room meeting of glass homies. I was the only one to incorporate a background. An attractive dungeon.


Comments