A little outbreak of strutting

Today was the 75 anniversary of VE day, and a public holiday. Although the notion of public holidays are somewhat modified under lockdown. A beautiful day, Lorraine and I doing some jobs in the garden, cementing a few stones around the steps in the garden and -- under Lorraine's adult supervision -- I drilled holes in the outside walls, and we hung an ornate plant holder and an outside clock thermometer moon phase thingy up that Anton had given us some time ago.

These missions accomplished, we felt as if something important had been achieved.

I also strutted about the place a bit as by my reading of The Remaining Cliffs being accepted by The Island Review.

I took a photo of a flower fly, also known as a hover fly.  They day passed without incident, which is just as well.



Comments