A pleasing bit of luck

I can now close my jaw properly and hear through both ears without opening my mouth, both positive signs that my ear infection is beginning to clear up.  Phoned by Slug this morning with job for next week, which was music to my recovering ears. Nice to chat to him.  The prospect of some paid work a pleasing bit of luck.

Fairly productive today, recording SYTV episodes... The end is in sight. I also had the plot for a short story pop into my head as I was walking today, and managed to get this jotted down. A rather beautiful day, fresh and sunny, and I felt my mood improving. I was not listening to anything, because of my ears, and actually this made it more enjoyable.

I noticed people are not avoiding each other on the streets any more, and there were groups of teenagers cycling over the golf course and together in friend groups. Slug was telling me that in East London, where he goes cycling sometimes, the lockdown has been definitely weakened, and people are openly flouting the rules.

Also put together a few paragraphs for Lorraine, who was involved all day and well into the evening at school and then a long governor's meeting tonight to work out what to do about the school opening.

Long chats with Anton today, I sat outside this evening in the sunshine chatting with him as we both had a drink of beer. Anton drinking special Belgian beers from specially sourced Belgian beer glasses.  Beth cooked an interesting evening meal with prawns, samphire, garlic chilli and pasta. Rather fresh and nice.

A couple of flower snaps on my travels...


Comments