A spot of work

A freelance day for me, starting early with reading loads of briefing materials, and then a zoom call with Matty boy, and Slug and others at nine. Matty has an austere buzzcut. My own barnet now taking on a misbegotten life of its own. Met Ozzie and art director, who instantly had to leave for a hospital appointment which became delayed so I spent the bulk of the day working on my own, which was fine.

I then took myself for a long walk after work, but it was very windy and blustery up on the Hillfort.  I stopped at Quaff at Fiveways which has a bench in front of the door, and bought some Harveys beer. Chatting to the man behind me in the queue about the prospects of drinking in a pub beer garden soon.

Lorraine, meanwhile, was into school, now responding to her leadership calls on how the school should open. So far so good, although some of the parents are troubled. The fact is in the absolute absence of coherent leadership from National or local level, it has fallen to headteachers and their governors to carry the can.

Home and L and I had a delivery curry, while Beth ordered Taco Bell. Watched some TV, including the guilty pleasure Gogglebox.

Comments