Tail end of the week

Tail ends today. Feeling ropey and disinclined to work. Did as much as I could this morning, and then plodded around for a walk this afternoon, feeling a bit glum for some reason. I blame astrology, as it is now the last few days of Saturn square my natal sun, a gloomy influence which has been coming and going for over a year and will depart for 29 years. Of course it is mad, but knowing it is about to pop off in a week or so feels good.

I am getting festively plump again, much better than I was this time last year, but still not good. I am not feeling very well, so am disinclined to go to the gym.  I told Sonia I was going to be Santa tomorrow and she said that I would be good at it, and then rubbed her stomach.  Blinking cheek, but made me laugh as usual.

Nice chat with Mum, who was off to her pub this evening with Mason, and what could have been a chaotic week now seems to have ended on a more normal footing, thank goodness. Another hard day for Lorraine, and we had a quiet night in tonight, and ordered a small takeaway from around the corner. Fairly early to bed too.

Got a nice note from Seán Padriac Birnie, a writer based in Brighton, who I had reached out to having read his excellent story, some of it based in Brighton around the Hill Fort, which I read immediately upon returning from visiting it on Tuesday.

Reading essays today by Audre Lorde. Quite a cleansing anger about them.

Comments