A Skelton visit to Bolney

Lorraine back to work today, despite not feeling well. She drove me into school too, as I was doing another presentation to a class of children about my story.

Quite a few familiar faces in there now, and I was in Rebecca Burton's class, and she is very good, and I have been in a class with her before. I felt much more relaxed this time, as the kids were known to me, and so was the school obviously. Managed to get through the hour or so without making too much of a buffoon of myself, and read them the first chapter of the story. At one point I ask the children what pseudonym they might choose, and what kind of books they would write. Excellent children.

Met Mark there, our next door neighbour who drops into Lorraine's school with his lovely dog Flo, to whom some of the children read, and Flo is supportive and uncritical. Nice to chat to Mark again.

Unscathed, I returned to Lorraine's office, and found Dawn had texted about another school visit in Jan. It's all rather good. Sat with Lorraine in her office while she did a few urgent things, while coughing and not being well, then she drove us back home.

I then did more of my work, and in the afternoon, Lorraine returned for important meetings, before she was able to return to slump on the sofa. She should be at home.

Spoke to Mum again tonight, she has had a stressful couple of days. Mason not travelling in the next few days however.


Comments