Curate's egg

Up early to do November billing, and get on with work. A bit of a strange day as Lorraine was home so it felt like a holiday, despite her being ill. Looked after her as best I could, taking her a porridge breakfast, and nipping out to buy medical chocolate and lemsips.

Mes amis in Paris paid my invoice same day, which is rather brilliant.

I walked into town, still somewhat drained of energy, and bought next year's diary. Was able to find the right coloured Moleskine Semainier in Waterstones, thank goodness. No busses home so I walked back too, collecting my first over 10k day for a while. Home and I talked to Mum. Mason planning an imminent business trip, which is worrying her.  Then I received some late French work which I did through till seven. Lorraine had struggled up off the sofa for long enough to cook, before wiping herself out again.

Beth very cheerful about receiving some clothes in the post with dinosaurs on them. One with a fetching green glittery T Rex. Also, we all watched the quiz show Only Connect tonight. Beth is surprisingly brilliant at it. Then an episode of Vienna Blood, which is fun having an interesting flavour of Vienna in 1906, with people going to Klimt exhibitions and a growing antisemitism and so on. Maybe Wittgenstein will show up in the final episode. Made me wish I had more time to explore when I was there a couple of years ago.

Below some street posters on London Road, reflecting our benighted times in the widows of a closed down bank. Brighton had many beggars today.


Comments