Fond farewells

A day of farewells. Pat and Maureen going back to Ashford. I always enjoy their visits, and the knitted monkey Maureen knitted me now lives in my office. I'm calling it Maureen the Monkey.

Jade (now with the regulation cold) off to London to stay with Sian. Not enough room in the car for all of us, and I went for a much needed walk through the park, into town to pick up a prescription. I had not walked anywhere much for a week.  Homeward, Lorraine and Sam stopped in the car to pick me up. I'm still feeling a tad tired and lacking energy from my own cold.  Back home and Sam made off for a quick drink with a pal in the Basketmakers, and after a while texted Lorraine to let her know he was having fun and staying out for the night.

My wifey and I gold sofa-ed it till it was bedtime. Lorraine still feeling wretched and now has added chesty wheezing to the mix, poor thing.

I ate too much chocolate and felt sick. I have only myself to blame. On the plus side I drank no festive boozes today.

Comments