The dancing elephants of love

New Year's Eve. Lorraine much brighter than I have seen her of late, which was lucky as she had a meeting in Middle Street with Catherine. I walked into town to meet her afterwards, and we had a quiet coffee and made plans for the coming year. The buzz phrase is Iron Discipline. And both of us laughing about this but making plans to get more of a grip in 2019.

From there we called around on Anton, still nursing his cold, and spoke to my Godbairns who both seemed in good form, Klaudia sporting the converse shoes we had bought her, and Oskar thanking us nicely for his present too. Anton, Lorraine and I then sauntered gingerly down to the emptyish Batty for a beer or two, and a good chat. Nice to be in the Battle of Trafalgar again. I am very fond of this pub, and very fond of Anton. And lovely to be out with Lorraine too, for the first time since before Christmas.

Home by bus, and then later we bused to Hove where we went around to Rosie and Innis's place, where Beth and John were. A cheery evening chatting, listening to tunes, and playing games, rather hilariously. Then watching the fireworks exploding over the South Bank. A nice way to see in a new year. I found 2018 a difficult year.

Below, while waiting for Lorraine I noticed lots of interesting street art plastered near the derelict Hippodrome Theatre, by street artist Minty. I liked the idea of the dancing elephants of love on new year's eve. Shame that an initiatives to save the theatre have so far failed.




Comments