Betty the Elf Queen

Fierce stormy hit Britain today. In Brighton it took the form of icy rain, then pouring windy rain.  Just what the nations retailers wanted on the biggest shopping days of the year. I took photos of the condensation inside the bus as we snailed through the city centre on the way to Churchill Square.

At the mall we stopped by at Santa's Grotto to see Beth, Queen of the Elves. See photos below and bought a few Christmas presents. Lorraine also bought me a pair of shoes, as my sturdy winter shoes all have holes in them. It seems like a whole generation of my shoes have passed on at the same time.

Then we had a tea in a cafe, and then made off to Beth's place. Here we ate a Thai take away, that John and I snuck out to collect, and played a board game called Articulate. Beth and John beat us easily. Still a very fun night, and we sloped off to get the bus home fairly tired.

Below Beth as a green haired queen of the elves, and two of my condensation pictures.






Comments