Beano!

Up early and writing the poos and kidneys job I was doing. Looking at the Bristol Stool Scale first thing, is not my favourite way to start the day. I popped into the garden at one point to empty the compostables tin, and noticed lots of fungi growing on our soggy log bit.

Only a few hours on this before I leapt aboard the 5b and headed off to Hove for the second Freelancer's Christmas Beano. Attendees were Innis, Rosie and Emily, Rosie's new pal Lucy from Nottingham, Catherine and Tanya. And very jolly it was too. There is something alarming about having a beer at 12:15, it reminded me of being as student. But nevertheless I soon got over that.

Lovely group of people, and non-stop chat. We had a table in The Connaught Pub and Kitchen in Hove, which was not overcrowed, and did the job well. I had a sort of chicken burger with katsu sauce, which was fine. Eventually the Beano broke up but Innis and I lingered and had another drink and talked about films and then went to The Old Albion for a change of scene. I said hello to a bloke called Andrew  travelled to London to meet one time to interview for a magazine about ten years ago. I could see him looking at me, and I knew him from somewhere and then the penny dropped.

Innis and I talking about an images/text collaboration next year. Fond farewells, then speaking to Lorraine, she picked me up from the street as she was heading home. Glasses of water at home and general recovery till bedtime.

Below L to R, Lucy, Emily, Tanya, Innis, Rosie (and Pippi the puppy) Catherine and me. I had to crop most of myself out of this as it was the least flattering photograph of myself I have ever seen.







Comments