A sudden stream

So a bit more work needed on poos and kidneys, this morning, but everyone seems happy with it, so that's pleasing. Said hello to Tom, arriving first thing to sleep off his nightshift at Gatwick. Lorraine's last day at work today, which is something to be very happy about.

In the afternoon, I slipped out to meet one of my new friends Chris Williams for a coffee in town. Chris gave me an envelope with a short story he had written some time ago in it, and we were chatting for a couple of hours. I had to change a line of copy there which luckily I did on my iPhone. Then I did a spot of shopping, and rain dodging. Walked home as there were no buses for ages, and saw Lorraine before she headed off for her works party in the Kommedia tonight.

I was strangely grateful for a night in, watching Larry Sanders, and eating fish and chips. Lorraine, top hat askew, left the work do her teacher's ambition of getting Lorraine a bit drunk achieved. I collected her at the bus stop and we zigzagged talkatively home, avoiding the rushing mountain stream issuing from burst mains pipe which burst through the road surface in two places on Preston Drove. It was like a small river running down the hill, with a team of blokes from Southern Water who had to work overnight to repair it.

Below water rushing like a mountain stream down Preston Drove.


Comments