An interlude with old pals

Sam left today, getting up fairly early. I discreetly left him and Lorraine to chat for an hour or so, and later we took him off to the station, and sent him, well-hugged by Lorraine and I, off London to stay with Jade and her Mum.

Lorraine still struggling with her cold and feeling pants.

I met my old Warwick University pals David and Amanda who had met up to see The Rocky Horror Show. We were talking about the future of humanity, which is a topic in philosophy now, and David has been in discussions with the philosophy department at Oxford about possibly working with the team, bringing real world business experience with computing and artificial intelligence. I enjoyed picturing the business card: David Morgan, Future of Humanity. Mandy said darkly that it wouldn't matter too much if humanity had no future and life on earth ended. This going on against a backdrop of playful transvestitism in the bar next to the theatre, which was pressed with hairy chested men in black bodices and high heels, and ladies in fishnets etc. all dressed up as Rocky Horror characters. I saw the original production of The Rocky Horror show in London, which I think was at the Royal Court Theatre, as a teenager on a school trip. An eye-opener, and no mistake guv.

Fond farewells, as they zoomed in to see the show. And I made off home, calling Anton en route, who is ill with a cold.

Below a snap in the pub, cleverly missing anything too interesting. Also didn't take a photo of Dave or Mandy either. Boo.


Comments