Zooming around on Christmas Eve

Beth setting off early for her last day of elfing. I got up before Lorraine and mooched down to Prime Cuts to pick up the turkey, a six kilo bronze monster in a box. Brian clawing at it as soon as I brought it into the kitchen.

Dawn called round this morning, as were finishing a late breakfast. Nice to chat to her.

Lorraine and I took Pat and Maureen to see Beth in her elf gear, and left them in town as Maureen had a sudden desire to buy shoes. Lorraine and I did a last bit of xmas shopping before heading off to Preston Park to collect Sian. Lovely to see her. Jade and Sam arrived.

Lorraine and I zoomed over to Anton's house to drop off and pick up pressies, nice to have a quick chat with Anne, Klaudia and Oskar too.

Home, and then all of us, bar Maureen, then went to The Basketmakers for a quick drink, Beth having finished her elf service.

Highly commendably, Sian went to a meditation group for a bit before coming to the pub to meet us not long before we before we left.

Nice to be back in the family pub, and happy to festive. Spoke to a regular I knew, a facebook friend, and told him I liked his photos. All well till I joking mentioned Brexit, as something perhaps we could undo this next year. His face soured and it was only then I discovered he was pro-Brexit, and later looking at his timeline noticed it was full pro-Brexit stuff. The British ominishambles spreads its divisiveness even into the Basketmakers.

Pat, Lorraine, Sian and I made it back home quickly, Maureen knitting happily with Calliope on her lap on the gold sofa, to organise a second pass at the big buffet. The young 'suns then returned for some drinks and games. Then Sian, Jade and Sam made off to Beth's flat where they are staying, and the rest of us zoomed to bed.

I seemed to forget to take photos this year. But in the pub. Me, Sam, Lorraine, Pat, and a shot Jade took of herself with Sam and Beth.





Comments