An interlude of hot wings and euchre

Trying not to feel angry today. It rained and seemed a seasonally appropriate dismal day. Dealt with some correspondence to do with Janet and Ken, then Lorraine and I went into town, and bumbled around the shops, and it felt very nice to just do something happy just to be doing this. I got a text tasking me with jobs about tomorrow, which I simply told the sender to do as I was in no mood to be accommodating.

Home to cups of tea and cheese on toast this afternoon, and in the evening went to John and Beth's house where we had hot chicken wings and flatbreads, which Beth has learned to make very well. I drank some beer and we played cards, an advanced kind of rummy which John plays very competitively, and a game of Euchre, which John and Lorraine won. Beth being very caring to me tonight.  

Then back on the bus home, full of harmless, but lustily-singing boy Brighton fans. Their songs seemed to centre on the despicable nature of Crystal Palace. After a few stops, they got off, one of them falling down the stairs, apparently unscathed.

 All in all, the day was a very welcome interlude from horrid things.

Comments