A door into a miniature world

Lorraine and my wedding anniversary today. Five years of marriage now. Took Lorraine up a tea and a card, and got a lovely card back. Opened a present that Maureen and Pat had got us, which was a little door to go on the skirting board and labelled Miniature World. This made me laugh lots.

An alcohol-affected night's sleep, cups of tea and breakfast for Lorraine and I, a cup of coffee for Anton then I made off on the bus to go to my glass class, Anton staying to work for the morning before returning home to his nice polished and revarnished floors.

I was early so had a cup of tea in Cafe Nero first where I met Chris, whose opinion of La Traviata matched mine somewhat. An enjoyable session. After I met Lorraine outside the cafe, and she met Chris, Yvonne, Adele, Rick who lives around the corner from us, and Frances.

Then Lorraine and I pushed on into town. Lorraine sorted out her phone contract and went off for a flu vaccine, and I went to Healy's solicitors to get some documents authorised. Met up with Lorraine again and we caught the bus home again. I had to pop off to post a letter, and then bought Lorraine a rather strange bunch of flowers from the florist.

We looked at photos from our wedding. Marriage to Lorraine was, and remains, an excellent idea.

In the evening we sloped downhill to the little Mediterraneo Sicilian restaurant, where we had an excellent meal, and shared a bottle of lovely organic Sicilian white wine to celebrate our anniversary. Enjoyed the enthusiasm of the owner describing the food and the wine.

Below Lorraine eating from a plate that said Happy Anniversary.


Comments