It's all about me

A cup of tea in bed and some birthday cards and pressies. I got a signed hardback copy of The Spy and the Traitor by Ben MacIntyre, and a shirt, from Anton and the Bairns and another book Ghost Wall by Sarah Moss from Dawn. Lorraine said that what she'd got was too complicated for first thing.

Getting ready for my glass class, and Maureen phoned me, the first of many messages from all kinds of people during the day.

 All very friendly at the class, and Yvonne even gave me a card.  I really enjoyed the class, and am at last beginning to speed up a bit. Afterwards I was bought a blueberry muffin by Adele, and a coffee by Chris, and hung out with them and Mick and Yvonne in the cafe. Then we all went our separate ways, and it hit me then that I had no obligations, so took a walk along the seafront. The tide was up and the sea was rough. The rough sea always makes me cheerful.

Caught a bus to the bottom of Preston Park and I went to the cafe there for a falafel panini read  part of an introduction to Simone Weil's works.

A walk home, followed by a cheeky doze on the gold sofa. When Lorraine arrived home early, she  banished me to the kitchen. When I was allowed out again, there was a big present two wee cupcakes one with a candle in. The present contained a complete stained glass window starter kit. Rather excellent.

A short while after, Lorraine and I taxied to Hove to the Station pub. Lorraine and I found John, Matt and Ed were setting up for a gig. Betty arrived, then somewhat later Rosie (whose birthday it is tomorrow), Innis, Emily and Tim.  Rosie and Innis gave me two novels, by Ramond Carver and Lorrie Moore. L and I ate there, and had a cheery evening, and the perfect tonic to recent events. The band sang happy birthday to me, and we all danced. Left late, with my top hat happily askew. A fine birthday.

Below choppy weather today by the pier. And John with his nice new drum kit.




Comments