Wife and colleague

Off this morning to Bolney in Lorraine's car for the school inset day. Lorraine and I presented the branding work on the school vision. Strange to be making a work presentation with Lorraine to the school's staff and governors. Enjoyed having a warm up session first, where we all played two games for ten minutes. Got talking to one of the new governors, a retired GP called Tony, who was interesting. I asked him how he avoided being psychically drained by his patient's problems. He said that you had to learn to be a mirror and not a sponge.

Lorraine drove me to Hateful Heath station at lunchtime, and I trained back to Brighton, and went around to Janet and Ken's house. Remembering only with a few attempts, the door code. The house mostly empty and the painting I had long admired with a posit with For Peter written on it, and Janet with a heart. Took this back on the bus. A old man asked me if it were a print or an original, I said original. I explained the circumstances of me coming by it, and he told me his wife had died three years ago and he missed her every day. He has many original paintings, and when I showed him this one with the the sticker, it made him feel odd that it had his name, also Peter, on it too.

Home and emails about Janet and Ken's affairs (this continues steadily) and one from Robin too about a new publication.

I ate early and read another story by Robert Aickman, as Lorraine working late then going to have more reflexology on her feet.  Tom came round to stay the night, and chatted with him. Lorraine arrived looking fairly relaxed. She had fallen asleep while her feet were being done. An earlyish night all round.

Below the painting Janet left me. It has always reminded me of the forests of British Columbia.



Comments