An interlude with Mum

Various bits of admin with Janet this morning. As the Canadians have to return home, they have swiftly organised a cremation on Friday and I booked the room upstairs at Grand Central for a celebration of her life, with a buffet and so on. I was sent two address book lists from Janet's computers with many contacts, and I had to sift through these to send the invite out this evening once the details were sorted. This a difficult process, not helped by the mail program freezing and me having to force quit it half way through and start again.

However much more enjoyably I went up to London today to meet Mum, the first time in too long. We had a nice afternoon, meeting in the Waterstones bookshop in Bloomsbury, where I couldn't help but buy two books, and then visiting The Grant Museum of Zoology, an odd little place stuffed with bleached out pickled creatures, such as a jar of moles or a jar of lugworms, and various skeletons, including one of the rarest skeletons in the world, a of quagga and an 'exploded dog skull', and a fair amount of taxidermy (Beth would have hated this place).

We found a pub and had a long chat and a couple of drinks before having to push off in our own directions. It was great to see her.  Although I had to sort some stuff out with Madeline towards the end, it was lovely to spend time having a bit of fun.

Home again, and had a good chat with First Matie tonight, who was very sympathetic and supportive. Cooked and talked with my Lorraine, and then an early night where I forced Lorraine to read a couple of pages of The Secret Garden again.
 
Below mum with a friend.


Comments