Transported by Tolkien

An ill day. A bad man cold, achey and snuffling which sparked off a bit of gout, aka (by me at least) orc foot, for the first time since I've been on my new meds. Nowhere near as bad as before, but enough to make me pull out of going out to see the South Coast Soul review and dancing in a zombie outfit to celebrate Dawn's birthday. It was a missed opportunity to bring a bit of authentic zombie hobbling to the affair.

Rather cheesed off at this. However spent much of the day on the sofa with Lorraine being very kind and rereading The Lord of the Rings from the deluxe all in one book Anton got me for Christmas. Really enjoying reading it again, and finding myself transported by simple descriptions of things like a fire in the hearth or sunlight on the walls of Frodo's house that I wouldn't normally have noticed.

Comments